2016/18 SME Mentorship Programme
Newspaper Supplement for the 2016/18 SME Mentorship Programme (Hong Kong Economic Times, 21 November 2016)(NEW) (Details in Chinese) (Copyright © 2016 Hong Kong Economic Times.)
Support and Consultation Centre for SMEs (SUCCESS) of the Trade and Industry Department and 80 Co-organisers.
Eligibility for Applicant
An entrepreneur who owns and actively runs a business which :
- is registered in Hong Kong under the Business Registration Ordinance, Cap. 310;
- has been established for less than 5 years; and
- employs fewer than 20 employees in Hong Kong.
- Learn entrepreneurship
- Enhance competitiveness
- Expand business network
- Widen exposure
Mentors are experienced entrepreneurs, senior executives and professionals as recruited and recommended by the Co-organisers. Mentors will listen to mentees' views and problems, share with mentees their thinking and experience, and give advice. However, mentors will not make decision for mentees regarding business and personal development.
A 12-month mentorship will commence after a mentee has been successfully matched with a mentor. During the mentorship period, a mentor and his/her mentee are encouraged to meet at least 3 times as mutually agreed.
SUCCESS will organise various activities for mentees including experience sharing sessions, seminars, workshops, etc. with a view to broadening their business knowledge and expanding their network of contacts.
- Each applicant should not submit more than one application, albeit covering different businesses. Multiple applications from a single applicant will result in rejection of ALL applications.
- Due to resource limitation, priority will be given to applicants who have not participated in previous SME Mentorship Programme(s) organised by the Trade and Industry Department. The Department may consider applications from applicants who do not meet the eligibility criteria on "Years of Establishment" and/or "Number of Employees" if there is a capacity and if justifications on the need to join the Programme are provided. The Trade and Industry Department has full discretion in approving / disapproving any application.
- Each mentee will be required to sign an undertaking that a mentor, the Trade and Industry Department, or any Co-organiser shall not be liable for any claim of loss or damage resulting from the mentee’s participation in the Programme.
- The Trade and Industry Department, the Co-organisers and the mentors of the Programme will not recommend, provide a guarantee for, or introduce the mentee or the mentee's products or service to any person.
- Any mentor or mentee can withdraw from the Programme by giving 30 days’ prior written notice to the Trade and Industry Department.
Telephone : 2398 5133
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2016/18 SME Mentorship Programme is organised by SUCCESS of the Trade and Industry Department with the following 80 Co-organisers :
- ACCA (The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) Hong Kong
- Asian Licensing Association
- The Association for Hong Kong Catering Services Management Ltd.
- The Chamber of Hong Kong Computer Industry
- Chinese Executives Club
- The Chinese General Chamber of Commerce
- The Chinese Manufacturers' Association of Hong Kong
- Chinese Medicine Merchants Association Ltd.
- The Cosmetic & Perfumery Association of Hong Kong Ltd.
- E-Commerce Association of Hong Kong
- Federation of Hong Kong Industries
- The Federation of Hong Kong Watch Trades & Industries Ltd.
- Graphic Arts Association of Hong Kong
- GS1 Hong Kong
- Hong Kong & Kowloon Sauce & Preserved Fruit Amalgamated Employers Association
- Hong Kong Association for Customer Service Excellence
- Hong Kong Association for Promotion & Development of SMEs
- Hong Kong Association for Testing, Inspection and Certification Limited
- Hong Kong Association of Interactive Marketing
- Hong Kong Association of Travel Agents
- Hong Kong Brand Development Council
- The Hong Kong Chinese Importers' & Exporters' Association
- Hong Kong Computer Society
- Hong Kong Economic and Trade Association
- The Hong Kong Electronic Industries Association
- Hong Kong Electronics & Technologies Association
- Hong Kong Environmental Industry Association
- The Hong Kong Exporters' Association
- The Hong Kong Federation of Commerce for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Hong Kong Federation of Innovative Technologies and Manufacturing Industries
- Hong Kong Food Council
- Hong Kong Franchise Development Association
- Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce
- Hong Kong General Chamber of Cross-border E-commerce
- The Hong Kong General Chamber of Small and Medium Business Ltd.
- Hong Kong General Chamber of Young Entrepreneurs
- Hong Kong Greater China SME Alliance Association Ltd.
- Hong Kong Information Technology Federation Ltd.
- The Hong Kong Institute of Directors
- Hong Kong Institute of Human Resource Management
- Hong Kong Institute of Utility Specialists
- The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers
- Hong Kong International Coaching Community
- Hong Kong Internet Service Providers Association
- Hong Kong Jewellery & Jade Manufacturers Association
- Hong Kong Logistics Association
- Hong Kong Medical and Healthcare Device Industries Association
- Hong Kong Netrepreneurs Association
- Hong Kong People Management Association
- Hong Kong Plastics Manufacturers Association
- The Hong Kong Printers Association
- Hong Kong Productivity Council
- Hong Kong Professional Beauty Therapy & Hairdressing Association
- Hong Kong Promotion Association for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Hong Kong Quality Management Association
- Hong Kong Retail Management Association
- Hong Kong Retail Technology Industry Association
- Hong Kong Small and Medium Enterprises Association
- Hong Kong Small & Medium Enterprises Development Federation Limited
- Hong Kong Small and Medium Enterprises General Association
- Hong Kong (SME) Economic and Trade Promotional Association
- Hong Kong Society for Quality
- Hong Kong Swatow Merchants Association Ltd.
- Hong Kong Watch Manufacturers Association Ltd.
- Hong Kong Young Entrepreneur Association
- Hong Kong Young Industrialists Council
- Industrial Designers Society of Hong Kong Limited
- Information and Software Industry Association
- Innovative Entrepreneur Association
- The Institute of Certified Management Accountants
- The Institute of Purchasing & Supply of Hong Kong
- The Institute of Safety & Health Practitioners
- Internet Professional Association
- Junior Chamber International Hong Kong
- Kowloon Chamber of Commerce
- Licensing & Franchising Association of Hong Kong
- New Territories General Chamber of Commerce
- The Professional Validation Council of Hong Kong Industries Limited
- SME Global Alliance
- The Toys Manufacturers' Association of Hong Kong