The Inland Revenue Department publishes a booklet entitled "Tax Guide for New Business" which provides a comprehensive guide on all taxation matters for persons who wish to establish a business in Hong Kong. The following services aim at helping SMEs:-
1. Services at the Business Registration Office for processing business registration application. IRD pledges to issue new business certificates :
- applications received over the counter of Business Registration Office
- within 30 minutes after receipt of properly completed applications
- applications received by post or through GovHK
- within 2 working days after receipt of properly completed applications
2. Business Registration Number Enquiry System to enable the public to search for the business registration number of registered business.
3. Computer software for preparation of Employer's Returns.
4. Employer's seminars on completion of Employer's Returns.
5. Enquiry Service Centre providing tax enquiry services.
6. Interactive Telephone Enquiry System providing general tax enquiry services. [Telephone No. 187 8088].
7. Fax-A-Form Service. [Telephone no. 2598 6001].
8. IRD Homepage providing information and forms. [http://www.ird.gov.hk].
9. Advance ruling service on tax matters. [On a user-pays basis]