The Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department provides services in relation to agriculture, fisheries and nature conservation through:
- the provision of infrastructural support services to promote efficient production of the local farming, capture fisheries, aquaculture industries;
- the introduction of new technology and the provision of technical advice, assistance and credit facilities to local agricultural producers with a view to maximising yields and improving the quality of local products;
- the provision of fisheries development, extension and management activities including technical studies, surveys, assistance and advice, and vocational training to fishermen for improving the productivity of the fisheries sector;
- the issue of pesticide licence/permit, phytosanitary certificate, livestock keeping licence, marine fish transportation permit;
- the issue of permit/certificate/licence for import and export of animals, birds/poultry and plants, and official verification of fumigation certificate; and
- the issue of licence for import, introduction from the sea, export, re-export and possession of endangered species of animals and plants.